Family Zoo Adventures
Families can explore the wonderful world of wildlife together during the Family Zoo Adventure Saturday Programs! Each monthly session will focus on a different theme and include activity stations, animal encounters, and special zoo tours that will make learning fun for young and old alike. Activities are developed for families with youth between 4 and 12. Family Zoo Adventures begin at 9:15 a.m. and end at 11:15 a.m.!
- Aquarium Adventures Saturday, Jan. 12, and Monday, Jan. 14. Splash into the family adventure by exploring the Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park and the different adaptations of the animals found under the sea.
- Insect Makerspace Monday, March 4, and Saturday, March 9: Explore how insects move, and engineer your own winged buddy to take home.
- Animal Bio-engineering: How does a cheetah run? How does a bird fly? Explore the movements of animals, and experiment with why they move the way they move. Dates coming soon.
- Garden Safari Saturday, May 11 and Monday, May 13: We welcome Spring by exploring ways to bring nature to our backyard.
- Summer Safari Saturday, June 1: Take a walk on the wild side and take an adventure safari through our Wilds of Africa to explore the sights and sounds of the Serengeti.
- The Great Scavenger Hunt Saturday, July 13 at 2 p.m.: Celebrate our greatest scavengers, vultures, as we explore their unique adaptations, learn how to identify them, and create our own soaring wonder. Include tour and animal encounter.
Cost Per Session:
Zoo Member: $12/child; $12/adult
Non Member: $15/child; $15/adult
General Scheduling Information
All sessions registration closes fives days prior to the first day of the session.
What should I bring/not bring?
- A refillable water bottle (please no glass bottles)
- Please be sure to wear comfortable closed-toe shoes and weather-appropriate clothing.
- Please do not bring pets or other animals with you on your program – we have plenty for you to see!
Family Zoo Adventures are held rain or shine. This is a non-refundable final sale. Credit will not be issued within 14 days of the program/event start date. The Dallas Zoo and Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park reserves the right to cancel or change any program for reasons we deems appropriate. Programs will take place rain or shine. Programs that have not met the minimum number of participants within one week of the scheduled program date may be cancelled. In the event that we cancel your program, a full refund will be issued and individuals will be contacted directly. If you cancel a program with the Dallas Zoo or Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park, a program credit may be issued based on circumstance. No credits or refunds will be issued for changes/cancellations made within two weeks of your scheduled program, for any amount under $20, or for no-show groups. Credit may be used for any education program or camp at the Dallas Zoo or Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park. All changes or cancellations must be submitted in writing to Education@DallasZoo.com.
The Education Office is open Monday-Friday during regular Zoo hours. Contact us at Education@DallasZoo.com or 469.554.7300.